North Carolina Injury Attorneys: Boating Accidents In North Carolina And South Carolina
How are North Carolina (NC) and South Carolina (SC) boating accidents caused? Here are some of the most common reasons for boat accidents and boating accident injuries:
· The driver of the boat was speeding.
· The driver of the boat was inattentive.
· The driver of the boat was acting in a careless, negligent, or reckless way.
· There was no lookout on the boat scanning for approaching dangers.
· The driver of the boat was intoxicated either by alcohol or drugs.
· Those operating the boat were inexperienced.
· The boat suffered a mechanical failure or equipment failure.
· The boat encountered poor weather conditions.
· The boat was overloaded.
These common reasons for boating accidents can cause havoc on the waters - including boat collisions with another vessel, boat collisions with objects in the water, passengers falling overboard, boat capsizing, and boat skier accidents.
What are the best ways to prevent a Carolina boating accident? Make sure that the driver of your boat is experienced, cautious, and sober. Make sure that all passengers are wearing life vest that properly fit. Make sure that the weather will cooperate with your boating trip. Make sure that all passengers are aware of boat safety precautions.