· A go-cart track, a 7-year-old suffered serious burns when his vehicle flipped over and caught fire. He suffered second degree burns that cover half of his body.
· At Wet 'N' Wild Waterworld, a teen boy drowned and was not found until well afterward, floating at the bottom of the pool.
· A 2-year-old boy was killed at Ducketts Common funfair when he wandered into the path of a small kiddie rollercoaster ride.
· In Orangeburg, South Carolina,an 8-year-old boy fell off of a swing ride at a carnival. The boy, who slipped out of his chair when the ride was slowing, suffered injuries.
· A woman riding a park ride called jumpin' frog broke her back when the car collapsed. The ride, which suffered a mechanical malfunction, had recently passed a safety inspection.
· A woman attending a carnival inside the International Exposition Center was struck by a hurricane ride as she stood on the platform near the exit of the ride. She suffered multiple broken bones and is listed in serious condition.